Solar Energy Control
Western Power requires zero export of power into their grid from commercial grade solar installations. This requirement is currently managed utilising a common export protection/shutoff device. The downside to this device is when export occurs it will shut down the solar feed completely and require manual intervention for a restart. This is a major source of lost revenue for the business. If the solar plant is not constantly used at capacity, and just one watt of extra power is obversed trying to cross into the grid, common protection devices simply switch off, causing thousands of kilowatt hours of solar energy to be lost from the system whilst waiting for someone to notice that the solar is turned off and manually turn it back on.
The ACS Solar Export Prevention (SEP) System works in conjunction with the solar inverters to monitor the actual usage of the building and control the solar power output to suit. Utilising this system it is possible to produce as much solar energy as the building can use (subject to Western Power requirements) whilst ensuring the export limit is never reached.
- Voltage Vector Shift
- Neutral Voltage Displacement
- Over and Under Voltage
- Over and Under Frequency
- Over Current
- Ground Fault
- Reverse Power
Some of the key benefits of the Auto Control Systems SEP System are:
- Feedback provided by the SEP system will alert of any system trip
- Produce as much solar as the building can consume but no more (subject to your solar power output)
- Minimise trips due to Western Power grid feedback
- Minimise solar energy downtime
- Faster ROI for the solar equipment
All our systems are manufactured using the highest quality parts and components. Some of the system specifications are:
- Simple touchscreen user interface with key solar parameters easily visible and a password protected manual test mode
- Digital inverter turndown – 0-100% in 15 steps (or analogue where available)
- Inverter Interface: SMA, Fronius, Power One (others on request)
- Power requirements: 240VAC Single Phase (IEC Connector)
- Metering Interface: Any meter or protection relay with Modbus RTU or Ethernet connectivity (provided by customer). A minimum of one meter for site usage is required with provision for additional meters if required.
Each SEP system can be scaled and customised to suit your specific needs or projects. Contact Auto Control Systems for more information.to find out how to control your solar energy projects.